Saturday, April 04, 2009

Culinary Horizons


Over the last few weeks Tom and have tried to widen our culinary horizons by trying all sorts of new dinner and dessert recipes. I figured that as we went along I would share with all of you the recipes that really stood out. The first one that comes to mind is one that I found just recently in a wonderful cookbook by Nigella Lawson called Feast. The recipe itself is called Chocolate Guinness Cake and is pictured above and yes...it does contain some Guinness. Interestingly, however, the flavor that the alcohol leaves in the cake does not taste like alcohol at all. Instead the cake has a bit of a tangy flavor that is really appealing. It is a really dense and moist cake with a creamy whipped cream cheese frosting and if anybody is interested I can send you the recipe.

I leave you now with a picture of my little man who is now 15 months old and finally walking!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karlyn, I would love to try that cake recipe if you wouldn't mind sending it to me. It sounds wonderful! Are you guys trying new things that look and sound appealing? Or are you looking for something in particular from a recipe? I hope all's well with the family. Please give Connor a big squeeze and smooch from me! :)

Karlyn said...

Sure, I will send it to you on Friday. I have a whole bunch of stuff to do today and tomorrow but I will be home all day Friday. Miss you guys!