Saturday, September 12, 2009

Who would steal a guy's sand bunnies? -Curious George

My goodness...there went summer and here comes Autumn with a bang! The last two weeks have been quite a milestone for this little family. Connor started daycare for the first time and I have started what will most likely end up being the hardest semester of my Master's. Connor has adjusted to daycare really well and is having a blast with his new friends. I think finger painting has been his favorite activity so far. Unfortunately for us, however, he came home last week with a terrible cold which he so kindly shared with both of his parents. We are on the healing side of it now so we have survived. I only thought I was going to loose my mind a few times.

This semester I am taking one class and thesis credits. Unfortunately that one class is Medical Gross Anatomy which alone is enough credits to make a full load. I'm really enjoying the class and learning about the intricacy of the human body. I just can't get over the sheer complexity and beauty of the human form. At the same time, however, I'm completely daunted by the sheer amount of information I'm required to memorize. I have a new found respect for people who go to medical school. Go first year med students!

As I said earlier, Fall has already started to slowly settle in here in Mid-Michigan. Some of the trees are starting to turn and the breeze has a slight chill in it. I love this time of year more than any other. Last weekend we were treated to a visit from Tom's father who drove up from Mississippi. While he was here we decided to take a trip out to our favorite apple orchard for the best apples in the country. We will definitely miss this tradition when we leave!







3 comments:

Rachel said...

your son is the second most adorable human being on the planet.

I feel you on the classes thing - all these business courses stretch before me like a nasty hairy behemoth with giant teeth. Also, get used to being sick for awhile. Apparently, Lily was sick for about a year straight - from the age of 1 to 2 in daycare, and about the age of two, had been exposed to nearly every possible germ and has been sick once since, at well over three years old. So... yeah. Props to parents!!

Karlyn said...

Nasty hairy behemoth...check! Kid who has had a cold, ear infection, and pink eye all within the first three weeks of daycare...check! I don't know if I'm going to survive this!

87d said...

Have you read Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Paul Brand and Phillip Yancey? It has all kinds of cool stuff about the body.

I hope the quarter's going well!