Tuesday, June 07, 2011

World's worst blogger

I think I may be the world's worst blogger at this point. But I do have a good excuse this time around. When I'm not working or chasing a three year old, I'm sleeping...and sleeping with a vengeance. I think one of the big differences between this pregnancy and the last is how tired I am. Whether this is actually a physiological thing that is taking place or just due to the fact that I am so busy and always on my feet is debatable. We are sure having a blast this time around, however. The weather has just started turning for the better in the Northwest which means outdoor activities abound. Already we have been kayaking a few times out in the Kingston marina and have explored around Lake Crescent and the Elwah River. I love it here during the summer! And Connor, amazingly, has been perfect in the kayak. He sits still the whole time and catches seaweed from the side of the boat. He also likes to yell commands and directions for chasing the seagulls.

Our little girl (yes I said girl!) is growing, moving, and dancing her way to almost 20 weeks now. I was able to feel her move much sooner than I was able to feel Connor. I had forgotten what a wonderful feeling that is! In fact I didn't even recognize it at first. It wasn't until my second baby checkup that the doctor mentioned something about baby movements and I suddenly realized that what I was feeling was probably the baby instead of gas. Pregnancy is so full of surprises and funny moments. We had an ultrasound at 18 weeks which was such a blast. Watching her move and spin inside my belly made it really sink in that we are going to be parents of two children!

We are so blessed and so thankful for everything we have been given. Life is good.

No comments: