Monday, December 19, 2011

Smiles all around


As these cold December days continue to get shorter and shorter I am reminded of how lucky I am to be spending them at home with my kids. I am really enjoying these long lazy mornings sitting by our Christmas tree with a sleeping baby on one side of me and a smart little boy playing Angry Birds on the other. Let me tell you...Angry Birds is obsession in this house! We have also had various visitors to share coffee and lunch with while exchanging gifts, as well as indulge Connor in his favorite activity of chase around the house. I love really do love December and its coziness.

Our beautiful Miss Emilia is such a joy. She is so easy going and has quickly become the sweetheart of the family. She loves to lie on the couch or in her bouncy chair and watch the goings on around the kitchen. She will also sit in Tom's lap for quite awhile, rocking out with him to whatever music videos he has decided to pull up on YouTube. She rarely cries unless hungry and has started cooing and interacting with anyone who will talk to her. And the best part of all is that she has started smiling! I think the highlight of every day for me now is watching her smile at her big brother when he tells her something funny. She loves to hear him laugh.

Connor will be turning 4 in just a few weeks and is bigger than ever. He towers over most boys his age and loves to race any boy who will challenge him. He has recently become a gaming wizard and can beat any game pbskids.org can dish out. I can't believe my baby boy is growing so fast. Preschool is very close on the horizon!

Life has been so good the last few months and full of planning and scheming for the future. I will really miss these lazy days of Winter but I am really looking forward to watching my kids grow up...as hard as that will be!

No comments: