Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's been a year!

On November 11 Tom and I celebrated our one year anniversary. I can't even begin to express how odd it seems to think that I have been married for an entire year. I was always the girl who would tell people I wasn't going to get married until I was in my thirties...and kids...well I couldn't even imagine! Oh how life likes to take you for ride! You think you have your whole life planned out and wham! Something entirely better comes along. I guess that's what makes life so interesting though. If it were as predictable as we all planned it out to be, we really wouldn't learn much in the process. I think I'm one of those people who believes that you can't really make mistakes in life. We all make different decisions throughout our lives that lead us down different paths. Eventually we all end up somewhere on the other side...hopefully happy to be where we are. I guess if there are mistakes they would have to be those negative experiences we repeat over and over again without learning anything from.

So the little bear is growing like mad everyday. When he moves now it actually feels like a little person in my tummy trying to make more room for himself. He likes to move in the early mornings during my statistics class and then late at night while Tom and I are usually watching a movie. Immediately after all of his movement he gets really still and starts hiccuping. He does this pretty much every night and it's really cute. I can't wait to see what he's like outside of the womb. I'm doing pretty well except for the sleepiness, sore hips, swollen ankles, sore back, tired feet...uhhh...basically everything that goes along with pregnancy. I only have three weeks left of class and am so thankful! Sitting for two hours discussing the difference between cause and manner of death isn't agreeing with my level of concentration anymore. My stupid switch is in the on position permanently. I'm hoping this is due to the high level of hormones surging through my body...hopefully! =)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy belated anniversary! I'm a terrible friend for forgetting... but I won't forget next year. 11/11 is significantly easier to remember than your birthday - which I don't think I have ever hit on the dot. Whoever said that only men get dates wrong never met me. :) heh... and when the hormones have stopped going crazy, that's when the sleepless nights start. :D

You're right about plans though - I never thought I'd be living in Seattle, single at 24, working at a job completely unrelated to my major. C'est la vie!

Karlyn said...

I just love the way life works. And as for dates of special occasions, just as long as you remember witin a week or two time frame. That has always seemed to work for me. =) Oh yeah, I didn't add sleepless nights to my list. It's such an odd sensation being kicked awake in the middle of the night!

Heidi said...

Hello! I got your message, and I hope you got mine (I didn't forget about your anniversary!) but I think I might have called the wrong number because I'm about 75% flake...But anyone who knows me knows I live on "belated" time right? I hope all three of you have a happy Thanksgiving (little Bear won't know what hit him!) I miss you and love you!