Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Simply Amazing

We are still alive! It was touch and go there for a few days due to the sleep deprivation but thanks to all of the help from my parents and my sister (especially my wonderful mother...thanks Mom!!!!) we were able to survive. Little Bear is truly amazing! He makes so many funny little noises and facial expressions we no longer have any need for a television.

Most of the last few weeks have been spent just hanging out with the family. It's taken awhile but I finally feel like a normal person again. Delivering a baby really takes a toll on your body. Anyway, the five and a half of us also took a short trip to the coast of Lake Michigan. We stayed overnight in a hotel in Holland and spent the day playing on the very cold beach and shopping. Connor's first trip out into the world was really fun and we discovered he does really well in his car seat. Yay!


Here are some of the latest pictures of Connor. He is getting bigger every day. We are all pretty sure he's over 7 lbs now which is amazing. He finally fits into his regular size newborn clothing. Thank you so much to all of you who sent us the baby gifts. He looks so cute in all of the clothes.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

He's adorable! 7 lbs still seems so small! (But I could think that way because I was a ginormous baby...) Looks like you had a blast at the beach, I'm so glad for you that your family was able to spend time with you guys. How was your birthday?

Karlyn said...

He is still so small but at least he doesn't have those tiny chicken legs anymore :) My birthday was great. We all went out to my favorite Italian place for dinner and I also got my hair done at this really nice salon in East Lansing. My mom also bought me this beautiful sweater from the Banana Republic. I love that store.

Rachel said...

I did NOT forget your birthday... I just forgot to write - AND I'm just waiting until you get back here to celebrate. :D glad you had a good time!!

Yeah, 7 lbs seems small, but I get that's because both my bro and I were 9lbs+ when we were born.

Karlyn said...

Haha...hey, with everything going on my birthday wasn't the first thing on my mind. I'm thinking I might have a small party when I get back so everybody can come and meet Connor and so I can say thank you to everybody for all the great gifts. I was 9lbs + too which is why I was so surprised we had such a small baby.

Anonymous said...

Are you going to be in town the weekend of the 23rd and 24th? I'm going to be in Hawaii visiting family with my mom the weekend before that so that's the only time I can make it. I hope you will be. I really want to meet Connor and Tom! I love that you have a beautiful ,happy little family. It makes me think twice of waiting to start mine :) I hope you have an easy flight and it's not too snowy! Hope to see you soon!

Karlyn said...

Yeah, I should be there. I know we will be leaving at the end of Feb to go down to the beach house for a few weeks but I think that will be at the very end of Feb. I think at that time we will be living in Kingston so I could meet you anywhere. Looking forward to it!