Monday, April 28, 2008

Dancing the Night Away

Well Tom won't be dancing the night away anytime soon. He had his surgery this morning and actually did really well. They decided to do the laproscopic surgery which meant he only had three small incisions in his side. The whole procedure to repair the hernia only lasted 30 minutes and an hour later I was able to take him home. He's now looking forward to spending the next week on the couch and waiting for the bill. The estimated cost we received would be around $9,000. Harrison Hospital, however, may be covering a good portion of the cost. Yay!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad he'll be up and around soon. :) This could be a good resting time.... unless he's a bad patient, in which case, you have my sympathy. :)

Heidi said...

I'm glad the surgery went so well. And I hope Harrison pulls through for you (but of course, I'm kind of partial to them...) I'll be in town this Sunday, so lemme know if I can do anything for YOUR family (hehe, it's still so amazing that you have your own family. Maybe I'll get used to it in time...) I'll be praying for Tom.

Karlyn said...

Heidi, do you want to meet for coffee on Sunday?

Heidi said...

Oh SHOOT! I'm sorry I didn't get your invitation before Sunday! How about this Sunday? I'll be in town for several hours after church, adn I would LOVE to meet up with you. HOw's Tom doing?

Karlyn said...

Can't this Sunday, we are going to the beach. Tom is doing well. He still has another week of recovery though.

Heidi said...

Well have fun at the beach! I'm glad Tom is diong well. How's the place in Kingston coming..? I leave for California on the 25th! We have to meet up before then...

Rachel said...

glad to hear y'all are getting in some rest time. I leave tomorrow morning for Austria... I'm SO excited. :D I'll take lots of pictures. hehe!!