Monday, April 07, 2008

Happiness II: Coffee


Oh the sweet sweet smell of a hot cup of coffee or perfectly drawn shot of espresso. I think the coffee allure goes much deeper than it's energy giving properties. The variety of things that can be done with this slightly bitter beverage is astounding. Depending on your mood you could choose anything from a variety of lattes, machiatos, espresso ice creams, mochas, french press, and the list goes on and on. I think, however, that my favorite part of the drinking of coffee is in it's social nature. There is nothing more relaxing than spending a rainy afternoon in a coffee shop with a friend conversing over a really good cup of coffee or tea. Yum!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

mmm... coffee... so yeah, this weekend! will write, but looks good so far. I can take the ferry over, absolutely. can't wait!

Heidi said...

Wow, I think you hit it on the head: what can lift the spirits faster than good coffee (it even LOOKS good...) Anyways, speaking of coffee, I've been battling a nasty virus since last Sunday, so I'm going to have to play Sunday by ear. The last thing I want to do is expose you two to it...SO I might have to take a rain check...

Karlyn said...

Not a problem. Just give me a call on Sunday on Tom's cell phone.

Rachel said...

you gotta check this out:

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=8168159

I bought that one for my mom for Mother's Day. Is it not adorable??

Rachel said...

dang it. Truncated it:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5652238

Karlyn said...

Oh that's so cute! She's going to love it!