Saturday, October 04, 2008

Our poor sick boy!

What a week. I have a new profound respect for any parent who is trying to go to school and raise a child at the same time. It seems that Connor picked up a virus last weekend and has had a sore throat, rash, fever, and cranky disposition all week. This came at the perfect time seeing as I had a bone fragment test and presentation this week. No sleep + screaming baby + bone fragment test = disaster. It would really be nice if we could schedule Connor's illnesses. =) So much more convenient. He is doing better, however. Poor little guy.

If you have noticed, I have added some music to my blog. If you are not a fan or would like to hear the sound on one of the videos I have posted, just scroll down on the right side and you will see a little music player. Just press pause and it should stop.

Autumn has finally come to Mid-Michigan. It seems that the weather knows when October starts so it brings in the cool breezes and bright colors. This is by far my favorite time of year. This will also be Connor's first Halloween too! His Oma is getting him a lobster costume so stay tuned for the pictures.

The plan for this beautiful clear Saturday is to go looking for Fall colors so I will be off and leave you with a picture of our little Cheerio hound.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys! I'm always so thrilled to hear about your life experiences :) I'm glad Connor is getting over his bout with that virus. It sounds nasty and just beware of the approaching flu season! I hope you all make it through in good health. You know, if you ever get tired or bored of forensic anthropology (if... like that'll ever happen :) you should take up a career in photography!

Karlyn said...

I miss you too! Say hi to everybody for me including Poopsy!

Kiran said...

I agree, you are very good at photography.
I like the music you've put up. I opened a new tab for my other business so I could continue listening to it.
And why a lobster costume. That seems just a little..... really weird, like you expect people to want to eat him or something.

Karlyn said...

I have this thing with ocean creatures...In my next life I will be a marine biologist.

Rachel said...

I like your second picture of him with the cheerios... he's getting to the point now where you can almost see what his face as a child will look like. :) Very cute!!

Heidi said...

I love the music, by the way, great choice! How did your presentation go? I have a big one coming up next week, and I so I would normally try to relate, but obviously you're incredibly impressive! I don't know how you do it, but with a boy that cure, how do you get anything done????

Karlyn said...

The presentation went fine. I basically had to "teach" the radius and the ulna and all of the things you can do with them. Fun stuff. Incredibly impressive...haha! How about crazy!