Friday, January 23, 2009

-15



Finally! Lansing reached 30 degrees today! What a difference from our -15 degree nights and 0 degree days. It feels like a heat wave.



The three of us are doing well despite a few runny noses and some coughs. School has started again with a bang. I'm taking biocultural evolution, advanced osteology and law and forensics. I thought this semester was going to be easier because I didn't all those bone quizzes every week but boy was I wrong. I'm currently reading the equivalent to several books a week and writing, writing, writing. Phew...this is only the second week of class and I'm already exhausted. I also have been working on several different ideas for my thesis, most of which are based on determining ancestry in either Northwest Native American or Native Michigan skeletal remains. Ancestry is kind of a hot topic in forensic anthropology these days because of all of the controversy that surrounds it. We'll see.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hot topics get you published. ;) Yeah... your classes sound harder than mine. :) It's funny, i'm doing more work than I did when I was at UO, but I am *supposed* to do less here. I was clearly lazy at UO. :) congrats on your heat wave! haha

Karlyn said...

They won't let me be lazy here. Between all of the case work and the readings I think my brain is going to burn out...literally =)

87d said...

That is a great picture of Conner and the sky. I love the lighting and the colors!

Karlyn said...

Thanks Heather! When it gets really cold here the light looks so pretty off of the snow.