Tuesday, September 02, 2008

One tired momma...

I'm only a week into school and I'm already pooped! I'm taking osteology this semester which is pretty much the "bread and butter" of Forensic Anthropology so I can't just procrastinate my way through it. Not that I would want to anyway. Even though I have taken several classes on Forensic Anthropology I had no idea what a dynamic organ bone really is. Not only is it used for support and protection of organs but bone acts as a mineral reservoir, a defense against acidosis, traps dangerous chemicals and produces blood cells. Really interesting stuff!

Learning to balance school and home life, however, is going to be my hardest challenge. B.C. (before Connor) I could put things off and study whenever I felt like it. Now I have to come up with a plan and stick to it. I have to do a little bit everyday to get it all done. I'll probably learn more and retain more this way anyway.

Speaking of Connor, he's doing great. He is now eating little pieces of cheese and cantaloupe along with chicken and yogurt. We can tell he is getting ready to start crawling because he rocks back and forth while sitting up. Most of the time this ends up with him face planting into the ground but he's slowly getting the idea. He's also sleeping anywhere from 10-12 hours a night! He does throw fits now too. His favorite toys are these rubber duckies that his Oma and Noel bought for him and if you dare to take them away from him...watch out!

Tom continues his job search and actually has some pretty good prospects. Noel is also here for the next 10 days...I'm not going to let her go home. She is such a great aunt and such a great help!

Well that's all for now. I'm off to bed. I hope you all have a wonderful week.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

that's so great that you have help. :) I know what you mean about organizing time - I'm really not looking forward to how I'm going to have to be completely regimented this fall. Otherwise, no way am I going to fit in working out, work, school, and family time. ack! bon courage!

Carmel said...

I love the use of the German word for Grandma :D.

About studying I figure I had it easy, no baby, no husband, but not nearly as much fun. Plus you are right learning it over time helps you retain the knowledge and is way better in the long run:)

Karlyn said...

Life, when did it become so complicated? Crazy, beautiful, complicated life.

Rachel said...

we're all growin' up.... *sniffle* I feel so... old. :D