Friday, August 31, 2007

Adjusting

I had forgotten how difficult it was to start all over at a brand new school. Learning to get around, getting in the right classes, knowing where to eat, where to shop, who to talk to...Good Grief! Without Tom I don't know how I'd do it. What I have found is that if you ask questions people will usually give you pretty good answers. A couple of days ago I was feeling kind of nervous about working with the cadavers in the anatomy lab and being pregnant. They are no longer using formaldehyde in the embalming process but they still use some pretty nasty chemicals. I was worried that being exposed to those chemicals for six hours a week might have some affect on the baby. Needless to say, all the other profs including my advisor felt the same way too. So now I am in Stats and will be taking the intensive clinical anatomy course this summer. Oh boy.

One major thing I love about grad school so far is the lack of testing! It's mostly reading, papers and presentations. I like this! I'm also taking a survey of forensic science and a topics in forensic anthropology class. Both are really laid back. The professors basically get to pick whatever topics they want to cover. We usually end up filling up the time with case studies and stories of really bazaar and interesting crimes/investigations. Not bad!

1 comment:

Kiran said...

And I was hoping your kid would end up with a really interesting birth defect. Oh well; I'll have to pick on him for something else.