Monday, August 27, 2007

Michigan's Ocean


Yesterday was so beautiful Tom and I decided to drive 90 miles west of East Lansing to the Great Lake of Michigan. I wasn't expecting much, seeing as it was only a lake and my favorite place on Earth happens to be the Oregon Coast. I was pleasantly surprised, however, by the sandy beach and absolutely enormous scale of the water. Lake Michigan is so large it actually looks like and feels like an ocean minus the smell. There were even a few seagulls flying around. We ate at an ice cream place in the middle of nowhere that had the best ice cream. I may just may get used to this place!


Today, on the other hand, was completely different. It was the first day of class and it was one of those days that nightmares are made of. First off my schedule gave me a specific time to be in a specific classroom for anatomy. So another Masters student and I showed up early and to our dismay the instructor started the class by saying, "Welcome to Doctor Patient Relations." Huh? So to make a long story short we spent the next 45 min trying to figure out what was going on and in the end we found out they had just decided to change the time to an hour later. Apparently all 150 premed students were informed of this and the 4 anthropology students were not.


Later that day was the anatomy open lab where I had my first encounter with a human cadaver. Let me rephrase that...a lot of human cadavers. Wow, I don't even know what really to say. I think it may take me a few days to actually come up with the right words.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

ew. double ew.

Ice cream is good.... but that lake turns into mosquito breeding grounds....:P

Karlyn said...

Don't I know it! These are the pesky little mosquitoes of Washington State either. If you aren't careful they might up and carry you away! Hehe