Friday, August 24, 2007

Here he is!


Isn't he adorable? He looks a little bit like a snowman at this stage. The ultrasound was taken at 17 weeks and I think the nurse said he weighed about 9 ounces at that point. It's amazing to me to see these pictures and think that that little guy is the one doing all the dancing inside my tummy.


Today was a rather interesting day. We had a severe thunderstorm go right over the top of us complete with high winds, tons of lightening, thunder that shook the apartment and even a small tornado. I had never been through anything quite like it so I was ready to run for the hills. Tom, on the other hand, was loving every minute of it. I swear...that man would tie himself down to metal post and let a tornado go right over the top of him for the love of weather.


I also made it to the bookstore today to buy my books for class. It is a good thing that two of my classes don't require books because the anatomy class books ended up costing $260.00 alone. There were something like 19 books recommended for the course but only four were required. Yikes! Well, I think I will go back to enjoying my last few days of freedom. Watching TV will soon be more of a privilege come Monday.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

that's why i'm in the humanities. Even giant tomes on medieval Iceland only cost $30. And there is much complaining... but we're also assigned 12-20 books per quarter, with another 10-20 recommended, so... :) I guess it evens out.

I love your picture. :) That's so exciting!!

Kiran said...

Look, I actually created an account so that I could comment on your blog! You should be very proud of me.
You're right, he does look like a snowman, or maybe a couple of balloons. It makes me remember looking at an ultrasound of Noel ever so long ago in your old old house.
Good luck with your classes. $260 is painful. What are you taking?

Karlyn said...

I'm so glad you started an account. I'm taking clinical anatomy, anatomy lab, survey of forensic science and topics in forensic anthro. I've heard clinical anatomy is painful. 250 med students and 3 forensic anthro students. Fun, fun, fun!

Heidi said...

Hey, sorry I'm such a loser and have neglected your blog for far too long, but you'll be happy to know that I'm catching up! Your ultrasound pic has to be the cutest one I've ever seen (that is not a lie), perhaps he's destined to be a great olympic gymnast one day...