Monday, August 20, 2007

He budged!

This morning I woke up felling very strange. I was having this odd sensation that something was turning over and over in my stomach. And then it hit me...our baby was moving and I could finally feel it!!! When I finally realized this I just about attacked poor Tom and jolted him out of a very deep sleep. Pregnancy is so fun. =)

Day before yesterday Tom and I decided to explore a little outside of East Lansing and ended up in two different towns about an hour north of here. The first was called Birch Run and it had probably the largest outlet mall in the Midwest. It had everything...including a good portion of the population of Michigan. The next town was Frankenmuth which is home to the largest
Christmas store in the world. You really have to see this place to believe it. It's about the size of a Super Wallmart or Costco and has enough blinking and sparkling lights to cause a small seizure.

We also went on our first grocery shopping excursion. I think the homesickness really hit me when I found out they didn't carry Tillamock cheese here. In fact they didn't really have any good cheese at all. I think I'm going to have to go in search of cheese. I can't live without good cheese!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

congratulations! And my friend Veta said the same thing (the cheese) about when she lived in Ohio. Said it couldn't be found except in a select few specialty shops in large cities. People in the midwest have permanently damaged taste buds, that's why. :) I'm so glad y'all made it safely!!

Megan said...

Hi Karlyn! I am SOOO happy for you and Tom!! When are you due? What major are you getting? If you have time, I would love to see some of your wedding photos :) I wanted to give you a link to the Washington State University Creamery... When I was at IU, I ordered cheese from them regularly.. It seems expensive, but you get a huge container with each order that lasted me for a couple of months. I recommend the Cougar Gold (a white chedder) or the Viking (a semi soft white cheese). The website is: www.wsu.edu/creamery

Good luck at school!

Karlyn said...

Hey Megan! I'm due January 5th! Can you believe it? I start my masters program in Forensic Anthropology on Monday...Yikes! Thanks for the cheese tip. We will have to give it a try!