Wednesday, February 27, 2008

By the sea, by the beautiful sea

Last week we took Connor down to the beach house for the first time. Since it is my favorite place in the world we thought it would be appropriate to take him there before Tom went back to work. I just love the whole ambiance and attitude people have down in Lincoln City. Tom and I spent most of our mornings at a great little coffee shop talking with the owner and some of the local people. They also have the best coffee in the world! Everybody is so laid back. I would live down there in a second if I could.


After many years of begging and pleading, someone finally took me to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. My parents used to complain that the exhibits never changed and we would just be seeing the same things over and over. Who cares! I still love it! It is a smaller aquarium but when you are show casing West Coast marine life you don't have a huge selection to pick form. In any case, if I could do my Bachelors over again I would probably be a marine biologist. Although forensic anthropology does sound cooler...=)
Connor is still growing like mad. He's a little over 11 lbs now and his eyes are focusing on everything. He really loves lights. He also has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen...and I'm not biased! =) Motherhood is a wonderful thing!


4 comments:

Rachel said...

aww...aren't y'all cute??? :D

I'm trying to plan a Port Townsend antique store/browsing dealio with michelle at some point... would you like to come?

Karlyn said...

Sounds like fun! I'm in!

Rachel said...

yup, and I saw your comment on Michelle's page, of COURSE Bear's coming! and I get to hold him. :D

Heidi said...

Hey, glad you all had fun at the coast (did you know, according to hundreds of thousands of people living east of snoqualmie pass, all of us west of the Cascades are from "The Coast"? Man, if only I lved on teh coast...)Anyways, arlyn could you send me your cell number, I don't think I have it anymore, and I would love to actually talk to you again! heidi heidi heidi heidi hdiid hdiei dhieid